Friday, October 2, 2009

Why we do it: Oakley


Here's an update from Oakley's foster mom, Nancy:

"Oakley was neutered 3 days ago and is recovering. He is not happy that he has to wear the cone. He doesn't lick at the suture area, but the area that was shaved irritates him to no end. That's where he is licking. He even licks with the cone on top of the area just to give him relief. I am going to put some vaseline on the shaved area and see if it helps.

The vet who checked him over discovered that he has cataracts in both eyes. It is kind of unusual for a pup so young to have cataracts. As far as I could tell, Oakley does not have problem seeing even in dim light. I tested him a couple times while crouching at the corner of a room with the lights turned off. He came straight to me with kisses. So I don't really know what to make out of this.

Other than that, Oakley is doing well. He is very reliable when it comes to toilet training. He is a good boy."

Check out Oakley on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_ol4EBZx6k

3 comments:

  1. I was neutered before I was shipped to my mommy and daddy. I apparently wasn't very good at keeping away from my stitches because they became infected. I hope Oakley will be OK after his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    This is Oakley's foster mom. Yes, Oakley did very well after his surgery. He doesn't have to wear his cone anymore. The suture was removed and he is ready to go swimming this weekend. He still enjoys barking at his foster sisters to get them up to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Glad that Oakley is doing well. LOVE the video LOL!!! Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower of my blog. Today is my 1st year blog anniversary. Just want to thank you for your friendship. Lots of Golden Thanks. Woof! Woof! Sugar

    ReplyDelete